This post is very inspired by 11 Things You’ll Only Know if You’re a Bloggers Boyfriend
on the lovely Nicoles blog. The post made me giggle, and I thought rather than mimicking the post completely I’d put a different spin on it.
So, here we go:
- You will become a full blown assistant. I helped with one wedding many years ago, and I’ve already booked three days off for week day weddings.
- You’ll become a model. Not necessarily the fun sophisticated type, but the lighting/new techniques/ new lenses kind.
- You’ll learn about Composure, Rules of Thirds, Typespace and all sorts of other things you won’t be able to explain.
- You are a gofer / packhorse. I carry lenses, tripods, go searching for a bouquet or father of the bride on a fairly regular basis.
- You’ll really appreciate photoshop. Not the body morphing version, but the perfecting-each-image from-so that a couple will just be happy. Goodbye fire extinguishers, blinking eyes and assistants in the background hello; flawless images.
- You know how to rock layers. After many sunset and star scape shoots you know how to wrap up warm, and stay warm. It is completely worth it when you are alone on the moors, with the stars overhead and meteorites flashing across the sky.
- There are more photos of you, than there are of the pair of you. Until you force him to take approximately 726 selfies with you.
- You pimp his business endlessly to your colleagues, friends, strangers you meet in a bus stop….